The Obama Administration has given the go-ahead to a massive new oil exploration program off the Atlantic coast....
1. What gives you or the President the right to kill U.S. citizens abroad?
2. If you say those citizens have to be senior operational officials of Al Qaeda, then how can you explain or justify why you killed 16-year-old Abdulrahman Al-Awlaki, who was born in New Mexico and was hardly a “senior operational official of Al Qaeda”?
3. The Obama Administration claims that no judge can rule on whether these assassinations are legal or not. Doesn’t make you above the law then?
4. You’ve been behind the cyber warfare efforts of the Obama Administration. What gives you the right to launch such warfare without Congressional approval?
5. Won’t such cyber warfare lead to a dangerous proliferation of cyber attacks around the world?
6. And won’t some nuclear powers, like North Korea or even Russia or China, worry that the United States might use cyber warfare as a first strike in a nuclear attack, which would make those countries more eager to launch their own weapons against us in a use-them-or-lose-them scenario?
7. Why did you say that no civilians were killed by our drone strikes over almost a one-year period?
8. How many civilians have our drones actually killed?
9. How many of these were children?
(With apologies to Medea Benjamin, who posted her own excellent list of 10 questions for Brennan: http://www.commondreams.org)